Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Taking Steps

Trying to balance himself and pose to the camera at the same time

Yes!! Ethan has taken the giant milestone. He has started to take steps, and maybe you could say that's walking as well. But then, the best he had done so far is taking a step each on both feet and still manage to balance himself. He start out first by jumping (bending his knees) without holding onto anything, and then suddenly he jumped so high that his foot took one step forward. I was amazed, so I have him do that again, but this time, I also ask Mund to watch. And yes, Ethan did it again cause he just love the applause from us. He's still a little afraid to really walk, so when I put him to stand on his own, at times he would just do a free fall and he knew I would catch him. Or he would take a step or two before doing the falling thingy. And if he really doesn't feel secure doing any of those, he will just bend down and sit. But the current record is just two steps and still able to balance himself. Yay!

The other day I was washing dishes and I left Ethan on the bed with Mund. Mund had started to doze off before I start, but I knew Ethan won't be happy in his own crib. When I almost got the dishes done, I heard a small cry (the one that indicates Ethan needs help) and I rushed to the room. Guess what I found? Ethan was sitting on the floor. How did he get there? We had no idea. Our only theory was that he somehow push himself down slowly from the bed. He'd done this before in the past. The way to do it is to dangle his legs on the edge, and then slowly wedge his way down, while his hands would hold onto the bedsheets. He'd probably been cruising along the bed until he's tired and tried sitting down. And his cry for help was probably because he doesn't know what to do next. Ethan doesn't really like being on the floor maybe because he'd fallen for quite a number of times. There was once I put him sitting on the floor, and he dare not move at all and then cried. Anyway, I knew very well this time he didn't fell off the bed, otherwise it wouldn't be a whimper, it would be a mega crying session.

Ethan had fallen asleep on the stroller after a walk in the park

Normally I would take him to the park and like always after playing on the swing, I would guide him with walking. He loves to walk while holding on my fingers. Since it is now fall/autumn, there's a lot of leaves on the ground. He would at times aim to step on those leaves. No longer walking on a straight line, he would stray here and there trying to step on more things, be it garbage or leaves. Today, he met a new friend. Again, I didn't ask for the baby's name, but he's a 15-month-old cutie boy. He can walk, but he rather hide behind his mama's leg. Ethan just do what he does best, which is smile. He smiled to the boy's mama and then gently touch her forehead. I tried to get him to shake the other baby's hand, but Ethan rather continue walking. The other baby is really really cute, he flashes me smiles but at the same time is very very shy.

After Ethan had his congee for lunch, I set him on the bed while I took my lunch. Halfway through he came and look for me, I thought that he still want to eat, so I gave him two mouthful. Then I realize that his hands was rather dirty, and my first thought was that I forgotten to clean him after he had his meal. At times he likes putting his hand in his mouth while eating, thus making it very dirty. But something distracted me, and when I take a good look, I found half of the bed covered with Ethan's stool!!! Apparently the diaper leaked and he knew something was wrong. He came to me quietly, probably was scared that I would scold him. He smeared a whole lot of it and I really hope that he didn't put his hand in his mouth. Nope, I didn't take a picture of it, I don't have the time. I just had to clean up after Ethan and the mess he'd created. After that, my appetite for food was gone.... so I just threw away what's left of my lunch.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bibilui said...

i think it is a good start for ethan even he just take up 2 steps each time whenever he tried to walk .. and its no longer that numbers .. haha .. keep it up ethan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home