Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Baldie's Kisses

Oh my God!!! Where's all my hair gone? I can't find 'em

Yes, finally Ethan had gotten his long awaited haircut. We couldn't bear the way he sweated his whole hair as though he's sporting a wet look. Summer in NYC is hot and since autumn will be approaching soon, this is the best time to get his haircut. I hold him tight to sit on my lap facing the mirror as the hair stylist just razored through his head. He was ok for only 20 seconds before the screaming. I'm not sure what bothered him more, the buzzing sound of the razor or the sight of losing his hair. When screaming doesn't work, he began to cry. He wailed and wailed, stopping only when he's out of breath. He wouldn't sit still and the piece of cloth that covered both of us was almost wiggled free. Hairs were all over his face and all over my body. After that fateful day, he had kinda developed a phobia over loud noises. He will cry when someone is using the hair dryer or the tap water is running. Yeah, he's bald but not really clean cut as we couldn't endure the crying any longer. So there's some patches of hair near the nape of his neck and some behind his ears. Luckily it's not that obvious.

Ethan is also into making faces. One of it is to squint or blink his eyes a little, at times accompanied with a very fake smile. Normally it's done when we're using louder tone when speaking to him eg. when we're scolding him or so he thought. It's his way to get off the hook and boy it does work. I mean who could resist a cute face like that? He probably learned that from Shin Chan who kills with his sparkly eyes. Let's just hope we won't be seeing 'Buttock Devil' or 'Si Fart Gwai' from Ethan anytime soon. No, actually I never did expose Ethan to Shin Chan's cartoon...so I had no idea where the heck he know how to do that. This s little guy is getting smarter as well.

I also taught him to kiss on the lips by playing a game. Whenever he kissed me, I would laugh and that would make him laugh as well. So, when I scold him, he'll try to put on that cute face first. And if that doesn't work, he will come to me and give me the juiciest kiss on the lips. How could anyone be angry anymore? He really knows what to do to stop the reprimand. But he's barely 10 months old. Where did he learn all this things to make people happy?

Ethan is not walking as yet, but he's getting there. At one time, he was standing without help while facing the mirror. He tried to turn to our direction and take a step. Before he could lift his foot, he fell flat on his face. After that he dare not do it anymore. So what's the stunt he's pulling nowadays? Jumping. Yeah, baby! He had been jumping while holding onto things now for a while. But now he had even tried jumping by himself. Not exactly jumping like the feet is off the ground, but he bends his knees and go straight up, imitating the actions of jumping. He had managed to jump for 3 or 4 times before falling. Once, he jumped and then stopped and still able to keep his balance. Of course, like always, he will have a nice smirk on his face, proud that he'd accomplished something great.

One last funny look at me posing with Daddy before my haircut.

Yesterday, it's the first time ever that I took Ethan out without companies. Normally I would have Mund with me, otherwise some friends. The reason I hate to go out alone, is to take Ethan up and down the stairs when we're taking the subway. No, the subway here isn't as advance as Malaysia where we have escalator up and down. Only at major stations there will be an elevator. Even when Mund went out with me, I will help carrying the stroller and that's already very heavy for me. The stroller is about 11 pounds and Ethan is about 22 pounds. Plus I'm also carrying a bad containing formula, water, pampers and etc. So today, it's the first time carrying him, and surprisingly it's not as hard as I've imagined. I was real scared that I wouldn't have enough energy and might dropped him. I tried a different way carrying the stroller compared to Mund's. I've seen a few moms carrying stroller on the side instead of the front like Mund's. It's easier that way I guess.

The purpose of me taking Ethan out was to meet Mund for lunch during his break time. He tried today's special which was Ebi 'something' Don, basically shrimp over rice. And I ordered Chicken Soba. Ethan loves the soba, it's so soft and easy to chew I guess. But when we're almost done, Ethan was making faces til he's red. And normally that happens when he's making feces. Haha... I asked Mund to change him as I'm not done yet with my lunch. Mund took Ethan to the toilet and not long after, the whole restaurant was filled with baby's crying. I tried clearing the table first (it's a self-service Jap restaurant) and then rushed to the toilet. Mund said he doesn't need my help, and he came out after he was done with Ethan. I proceed to carry and soothe him, and he was quiet within seconds. And since he's ok, I wanted to go to the toilet myself. I asked Ethan to go to Daddy's, but he's reluctant. Which is magical, cause Ethan always wanted anybody to carry him, no matter even if it's a stranger. I tried a few more times, and he just cling on to me like a baby kangaroo in the mother's pouch. Since he's reluctant, I just chucked him into Mund's arm, and walked away. He then cried! Wow! Never happened before. It's just so funny!

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Well, he's gonna walk soon I guess, maybe in a couple of months. I will post more pic if it's appropriate with the post. Otherwise, it'll be a little funny...right? Hehe... Thanks for dropping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home