Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Short Stories

- Currently dreading to blog, I'm not really sure what had happened to me, but seems like I'm having a 'book fever'. I bought myself some used books, and it seems that I was transported back to my high school time. I was crazy about fiction (mostly romance) that I couldn't stop reading until I've finished it up. It's normally around 1.5 - 2 inches thick, and will take at least 3-4 hours to finish a book. Yesterday, I was reading Jude Deveraux's Legend, and I couldn't take my mind off the book to go to sleep. Thus, I slept at 10am in the morning, sound rather extreme but I normally sleep around 5am. Hehe.

- While waiting for Mund to come back from work on his birthday, I was preparing food so I could cook later when he's hungry. Since I wasn't accompanying Ethan, he was fussing because he doesn't want to play by himself. I asked Mund's bro to look after him for me. After what seems like 10 mins, I heard a loud BANG followed by intense crying. I knew Ethan had fallen off the couch. I simply washed my hand under the tap and ran off as quickly as I could to hold him. By the time I reached the living room, Mund's bro tried to put Ethan back on the couch. His face was red, I guess with the pain and the crying. I tried to hush and calm him down, but he was immensely. He's not the cry baby type, and the other times when he fell, he seems to shush right after I hold him. But this time, he won't even take my breast when offered. After he'd cool down, I examined him and found a red bump on the left side of his forehead. All through the night, I tried massaging the bump, but he wouldn't let me. As I've said earlier, he wasn't the crying type, but whenever I touched his forehead, he'll almost start to cry again. I guess this time, it's really painful.

- My birthday present for Mund finally arrived, luckily it's just a day late (kinda like a belated gift) Since I didn't go out much, unless I'm with him, so I decided to get the gift online. So, what did I get for him?? Well, it's kinda his favorite thing I guess. Anything associated with Manchester United would be something he like, so I got him a jersey. Not only that, I also get Ethan the same jersey, so that they will have this matching father and son outfit. When I asked him to take a look, he was surprised. For the first time, I finally get to surprised him with a gift. I had failed at previous attempt, he somehow get to find out beforehand. And then, he started to bombard me with questions and comments. "How come it's black, and not red?" "I don't really like MU much this season, they aren't really that good" "How much you got it for?" "How come I have no idea you're getting me this?" etc etc... Yeah, I didn't know black is the 'away' jersey, but I'm bored with all his other red MU ones. And yeah, I had no idea how or what MU did this season, or the one before that, or years ago. But the look on his face, shocked but excited at the same time is sensational to me. Wish I could freeze it and put it into a frame. But the main thing, I think I got him a perfect present, at least for this birthday. Since it's so close to Father's Day, Ethan's jersey is considered the present. Hehe, can cheat a little. So hubby, Happy Father's Day!

- I found this new site from Nuchin (a pinyin lyric site for mandarin and cantonese songs) and they had launched a new karaoke site, where people can load up songs they've sung and recorded, and let other members judge and leave comments. It's rather fun but for the moment, there are only a few songs uploaded. Check it out if you have the time. Or maybe it's just me who have nothing better to do.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Bibilui said...

ah jie .. u should bought a jersey for ur self too .. so yat ka 3 hao also wearing the samethings .. hahaha .. P/s: soli abg ipar no hadiah for u .. sobsob

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

Well, I don't like wearing those soccer jersey la. Furthermore not like they come cheap. Expensive one leh. I bought in UK pound.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,

I didn't expect to see people already linking kara-ok.com! omg, that makes me so happy! In any case, I'm writing the tutorial to record, so maybe i'll get it up before you submit a song.

Take care!
~Nuchin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home