Lilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Weekend Outing

Last Sunday, we were supposed to go to Botanical Garden in Prospect Park. Mund heard that there are Sakura trees in that garden. Being Malaysians of course it's not available in Malaysia for viewing pleasure. To me, it's just a tree with pink flowers, but to Mund this is a chance of a lifetime. Right around that park, was a bunch of fast food - Wendy's, McDonald, Popeyes and so on.

When we were about to reach, Mund was happily singing Aaron Kwok's song, y'all know which song I meant, there's no need for explanation. He was real pumped up right until we reach the gate. Guess what? It's closed at 6pm and we reached there exactly 6.05pm. Since there's no means for us to stay, so we proceed to think where else we could go. The one thing that came up was Coney Island.

Coney Island is located at the very south of Brooklyn. Main attraction is the beach and also the classic amusement park. The park is one of the world's first amusement park (I read it on Daily News before) and it's a happy place, I'd say. While riding on the subway, Mund couldn't get Popeyes (http://www.popeyes.com) out of his mind. As most of you know, KFC sucks over here and the best alternative is Popeyes. When we arrived in Coney Island, he's ecstatic that there's a Popeyes around the corner. Since we weren't that hungry, we check out Coney Island for the first time. We went in the amusement park and Ethan is sooo happy to see the rides, the lights and the musics. He kept looking around everywhere, but of course he couldn't ride in any of it.

By the time we left, it was 9pm. Since Coney Island is the end of the line for subway, we have to wait til it's time for departure inside the train. There weren't anything much to do, so we took our digicam and start clicking. There are some interesting facial expression of Ethan captured. Wanna see the pictures? Well, that you'd have to ask Mund to publish it in Ethan's blog.

4 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger Annie Lau said...

when i first read the first few lines of ur post a couple of days ago..i was like..'urgh..not another one'..i thought u were one of them who treats their pet as 'son'..well..my bad..

i don't know if u remember me but i remember u as that senior in the choir group a.k.a cindy's sis..

well..nth much..hope u have a nice day tho..btw..baby ethan is a real sweetheart..

hugz..

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Sorry Annie but I really had no idea who you are. I know a few of my sis's friend, are you one of them? Were you in the choir before I left f5? Anyway, thanks for the comments, hope to hear from you again.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu live in England? Are you a malaysian actually? I very ke po to know.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

mrkiasu: No...I'm in New York, US. Yes I'm Malaysian, I thought I've already told you in your blog's comment? hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home