Lilypie Baby Ticker

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Privacy Please!

Let's talk about my landlady. I would say she's quite a nice china woman, and the best of all my landlords actually. Although we do have some communication problems, (I don't speak Mandarin all that well, and her Fuchow accents doesn't help at all) all is rather good. At least she's not like others who seems to want money out of every single little thingy. She even gave birth to her third baby 3 weeks ahead from Ethan.

Well, I got a visit from her today. I heard a knock on the door, I assume it's Mund's brother and I yelled in Cantonese 'Ng fong bin!' But popped up my landlady. I was breastfeeding Ethan. She looked but she never asked if it's ok for her to stay in my room. She then proceed to talk about the sudden surge in the electric bill. It was $100 more than usual she said, but I never get to look at the bills. I mean it's still ok of her, she never demanded money from us, just want to remind us not to waste natural resource. Which is ok, cause our rent include utility bills. But breastfeeding is a private occasion where I bond with my child, and it's not ok for people to just barge in and treat like it's nothing personal. People can be so insensitive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home