Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Crazy

I called my mom yesterday and somehow my mind brought me back to the day Mund's distant aunt's comment. This aunt came with Mund's mom a few months back and she's been staying with us ever since. She is an experienced nanny and you know what's her good advice for me? Well, she didn't really want to tell me directly, so she talked to Ethan who is in front of me. This is what she said: 'Ah Boy, it's time for you to have a little sister or a little brother. Why don't you ask your mom to get you one!' Hey, Ethan was only 4 months old at that time, and until this very day, he's still nursing. It's a known fact that a woman's body should rest and replenish all the lost nutrient after pregnancy for at least 2 years before getting pregnant again. It's not that it isn't possible to get pregnant now, but it's not good for the next baby. And Ethan won't be able to nurse, cause the pregnancy hormone would prevent lactation. So, who is she to have this sort of authority to judge or advice what we parents should do? My mom-in-law haven't even said a word, and she thinks she can meddle into our business. Young we are, but idiot we're not. We know very well how our financial can support our family. We're not a bunch of pigs, making piglets as often as possible. And so, when I told that to my mom, she was shocked. She's kinda scared that I'll take that so-called "advice" seriously. My mom said: ' Are you sure? Don't you think you should ask for doctor's advice first?'

Well, anyway, this aunt like to pokes her nose to everything, it's not that surprising that she make such comment. But still!! I think the main reason is that she want to be 'joh yuet poh' to me when I have next baby (probably thinking that my mom-in-law won't come again for my next confinement month) and probably can be nanny to both my babies. The ideal job she wanted from the very beginning, even before she came here, was to take care of Ethan while I work. Too bad it didn't work out for her. And too bad that we're going home soon, and not have any other babies for her to take care. For someone who's paying 2 payments of $150 for rent after staying for the 5th month, meddling is not the only reason I would really like for her to stay somewhere else. We have our own sorry ass to take care of.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Bibilui said...

wow, ah jie u sound like so mad wor. Relax! Perhaps its a bit of annoying to see that nanny walking around ur house and talking like that? Indeed i guess. Erm, maybe aunty mind are like that leh. You know wat's best for you and ur family, i believe. Don't bother about it and dun entertain her! That would be a great idea instead of waisting your time thinking of what she said all the time. PM me when u're online ok!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Actually I might have painted an awful picture of this aunt of Mund's. Well, she's actually a nice lady, just that at times when I explode, I tend to see the negative side only. And don't worry, I get over it quite quickly, just that I like to get it off my chest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home