Lilypie Baby Ticker

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Oh no...diarrhoea!

After Ethan got back from the doctor, not long after that, he developed a patch of rashes on his left arm. Mind you, that's the arm where he'd taken the tuberculin injection. Not only that, he had diarrhoea as well. When things doesn't get better, I took him to the doctor again 2 days after the first visit. First of course, is to check on his hand, I suspected he had tuberculosis, luckily I was wrong. Doctor say it's just rashes, caused by viruses. When I told doc about the diarrhoea, he say it's one of the symtoms caused by the viruses as well. He also ask me to check for fever and sore throat although at that time Ethan was fine. Also, he asked me whether or not Ethan is eating well, and I told him that I stopped giving him food, but instead just formula and breast milk is fed because of the diarrhoea. Silly me, I wasn't supposed to do that, I should do the exact opposite - stop all the milk and give him only food. Opps...luckily it's just for 2 days and Doc said that it's no big deal, no medicine or cream will be prescribed, just let it go off by itself.

The diarrhoea was a big problem because we ran out of baby wipes. Normally we get the supplies in bulk from a Toysrus store near Mund's working place. But they close it down for renovation to convert it into a Babyrus. So for the meantime, we had no idea where to get it. It's available at a lot of pharmacies, but they it's rather expensive since they are sold individually. So, while waiting for a better way to get the wipes, I use the ones from SIA. Yes, that's short for Singapore Airlines. Wondering how I get 'em huh? Well, let's just say I have friends who provided me with them everytime they visit us. But too bad, both of them had retired... so no more freebies. But thanks a lot to JY and PS. And in no time, the SIA wipes run out as well. So, I suggested that we order in bulk online from
Amazon. But it won't arrive so fast since we didn't want to fork out money for express shipping. I went to a nearby 99 cents store to get some ghetto wipes. The paper is coarse, and dried up easily and it doesn't pick up much of the faeces. The worst thing was that Ethan cried whenever I touch the wipes on his bum. Probably because it sting and his behind had developed redness due to excessive exposure to faeces. So, now we're wetting Bounty napkins (for use mostly in the kitchen) and it's not so painful for him. But he still squirmed about and tried to escape. So now, I had to think of what I could usefully dispose of the ghetto wipes. I think my orders from Amazon should arrive on Monday, but Ethan had just already recovered from it, both from diarrhoea and the redness on his bum.


Now...one big fat kiss for you Mommy...just don't complain about the saliva.

Anyway, let's talk about something a little more uplifting. As you all know, Ethan know how to give me kisses. But apparently, mommy's lip and daddy's lip is a big different to Ethan. When I pucker up, he'll give me a kiss, but when Daddy pucker up...Ethan will either stare at him or poke his fingers there. At one time, he cringes up his brows, as though he doesn't understand what's happening. Then I try to give him a demonstration. When Mund pucker up, I give him a kiss...then Ethan follow suit. Haha...it's so funny! We had to demonstrate for a few times, and now he get the idea. Now, Daddy receives just as much kisses as Mommy....

3 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Bibilui said...

im relief to heard tat ethan is recovered now .. i read about the diarrhoea .. what you can do is to take plenty of fluids. When an infant has diarrhoea, continue breastfeeding.... When bottlefeedings, however, dilute cow's milk with twise the normal amount of water... etc

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adoi... kesian to see his hands with those red marks. But good thing he's ok now ^_^. *can't stop awwing at Ethan kissing mommy pic XD

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when a baby having diarhoea, it is better to to stop whatever wipes u r using and use warm water and cotton balls instead. this will help his buttock to recover and it is not that painful for him when u clean him up..also to make sure handwashing is practise all time to prevent germs from spreading to another family member. i am sure u wanna avoid a chain reaction, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home