Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Not a Sleeping Prince

Ethan can sleep very well although there's noises around, like when the tv is on, he could still sleep soundly. But he's very sensitive when we are talking that we had to whisper. It's rather strange as there are people talking on tv, but it doesn't seem to bother him. Is it because of the language? I'm not really sure. Another thing that he's very sensitive to is when my phone rings. My Nokia ringtone isn't turn on really loud, actually the tv is louder, but yet, my phone works more efficient than an alarm clock. Ethan would sit up, blinking his eyes trying to open them wide, and wouldn't go back to bed unless I end the conversation quickly and put him back to bed.

He has a kind of fascination with phones. At times he could watch me in awe, as I'm trying to concentrate on the conversation. The reception in my room isn't all that clear, so I normally had to stand close to the window, next to the bed. Ethan would crawl at his fastest speed and climb on me, as though saying he wants to chat as well. I would at times turn on the speaker phone so he could hear the other side of the conversation as well. He's most excited when he heard Daddy's voice. He would go 'ah...ahhh...' as though he's answering. Sometimes, he would try to locate Mund, turning his head left and right because he found it intriguing to hear his voice, but couldn't see his face. If he's on his own crib when the phone rings, he would jump up and down, and even shout when I'm on the phone. Funny thing is, if I'm on the phone with someone else other than Mund, Ethan would lose his interest rather quickly.

We bought Ethan a bolster around 2 weeks ago. Main reason is that he likes to hold us while he's sleeping. So, we thought that it's best to get him a bolster. We let him pick by holding a few bolster in front of him while he's on the stroller, and the first one he touch is the one we bought. It's a poor replication of Mickey Mouse, but I guess it's a wiser choice than Hello Kitty or Tigger (from Pooh). See, Ethan got good taste. When we reached home, we took it out and showed him, and he smiled at Mickey Mouse. Nowadays...no more smiling, but Ethan is pulling, tugging and biting at it.

Also, I'm not sure if I could still blog as frequently as I'm used to (yeah, that's about once a week or so) as my parents are coming for a visit soon for the first time ever to US. They will be here for approximately a month, and I'll take them around the city of course. Maybe there won't be many words, probably they will be a whole lot more of photos. Hopefully I will still have time to update while they are here. Mund had already applied for holidays and he'll be able to accompany us for about 1 week as well. Now, it's his choice to choose whether should we go to Washington D.C, or Boston, Philly and Baltimore trip. We couldn't afford to go further although we really wished we could visit LA or Las Vegas.


For some reasons, I couldn't upload photos today no matter how many times I've tried. Must have been something wrong with blogger or something. Will try again later on, but for now, just the post. Check back later y'all.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Bibilui said...

oh great .. can go to those places~ wisconsin leh? Haha~ yeah dont forget to post up pictures .. im sure your whole family can get along and enjoyed the trip.. ethan can also see gong gong and po po ady~ :)

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

Wisconsin? I don't think it's a tourist attraction area, furthermore doesn't have such trip from those travel agencies in chinatown.

My parents just reached a few hours ago, and Ethan is having a blast with them. Will blog about it later, and surely there will be pix as long as blogspot let me. I still have trouble uploading pix to this post...I wonder what's wrong.

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From your comment, your parents is already in US. Well, I had been to Washington DC, Boston and LV. Hope this helps!

Washington DC: Has huge quality art museums, space museums and many other museums etc which offer free entrance. There are also many monuments ( white house, etc)

Boston: Nice Malaysian food and environment. Not many things to see, though.

Las Vegas: Great for gambling and visiting the world's finest hotels such as Wynn Hotel, The Venetian Hotel and Bellagio Hotel to name a few.

Post more pics for us to see after the trips. Wishing you a great trip/trips ahead!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Junioruser: Thanks, but we've come to a decision. That is to go to DC. Yeah, it's easier for my parents to go, it's just a place for taking pictures basically, unless we really appreciate historical place, which I don't think it's really so. Hehe. I still wish to go LA or LV...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home